What to Look for on the Roof of Your New Home
Are you experiencing problems after buying a new home?
Are you worried your roof wasn’t built to last?
It’s important to know the age of your roof. Your home is one of the biggest investments of your life, and you want to make sure it’s protected. You should hire a professional residential roofer to inspect your roof and provide a detailed report.
It’s important to investigate and ask these questions:
1. Is your roof mold-free? Curly edges or bulges are a sign of mold growth underneath.
2. Does your roof look worn? See if you can spot worn out shingles and if any are missing. If you see deformities on your roof then your roof is reaching the end of its life.
3. Does your roof have a proper ventilation system? Poor ventilation can cause problems like mold, a damp attic, ice dams, and damage to your shingles.
4. What is the quality of your seepage system? It’s important to have your drainage pipes inspected including downspouts and gutters.
5. Do you have a leaky roof? Roof leaks could be really damaging to your home’s structure and floors. Leaks mostly happen in valleys, plumbing vents, and chimneys, so it’s important to make sure your inspector checks these places.
6. Did the house previously have a flood? You should have the inspector search for any past flooding damage or excessive water flowing around your rooftop downspouts. Excessive water flowing from your downspouts can mean your soak wells aren’t the proper size or they may need to be cleaned by a professional.
All necessary roof repairs should be finished before you move into your new home so you can avoid problems in the long run. If the roof is a complete disaster after a home inspection, you may want to reconsider purchasing the house. If you have concerns, Wilderness Construction can help you navigate your home improvement projects before you move in.
Hire Honest Residential Roofers in Ann Arbor
Are you worried about the condition of your roof?
Some issues can be fixed with minor maintenance; however, if the damage is severe, it may be time to replace your roof. Wilderness Construction can help you determine whether your roof needs a little spring cleaning or a complete replacement.
To contact our residential roofers in Ann Arbor, call (734) 429-0616 or submit a contact form